That said, I have been able to whip together a few photos.
1. Chain the required number of stitches
2. Turn work so that the chain is to the left of your hook (opposite if you're working left handed). Insert hook into the loop at the top
3. Yarn over and draw through. Work as usual SC.
4. Continue in this fashion until you get to the end of the chain
5. Work a second stitch in the last loop. Turn work so that again it is to the left of your hook and work in the other loop down the chain.
7. Continue working SCs up this side of the chain until reaching the other end.
8. Slip stitch into the first stitch then just work SCs in all stitches around until hook monster case is desired length.
This is just for the set up. If you have any other questions, please don't be afraid to ask and I will always do my best to help out.